This is my not so subtle homage to the classic game that I break out with my daughters anywhere they've got their whinge on.
The fabrics that I used for these cushions were remnants bundled together in coordinating colours on the $10 sale table at ES Design. Because it was next to impossible to see exactly what I was purchasing, what I ended up with was a bit of a lucky dip. Some of the fabrics were fantastic and had a retro feel like the Sanderson Dandelion clocks that I used for our lounge cushions. Others were fabrics and prints that are not typical for me to use, and because I absolutely hate wasting material, it has been a good experience for me to work with different textiles and see what I could make with it all.
The Tic cushion is an orange wool fabric cross appliqué on green linen:
The Tac cushion is a linen print. Yes, I know there should only be one 'o' but I took some creative liberties:
Finally, the Toe cushion is also first attempt at cross-stitch using green linen as my base cloth. See, my crosses get a little teeny-tiny in the bottom left. I had to take care not to create too much tension with my thread otherwise it would distort the linen:
All of the cushions are backed in a floral linen and have zip closures.
Time taken: 3 days
Degree of difficulty: Standard cushions are very simple to make. The cross-stitch cushion was more challenging. I have a newfound appreciation for people who can cross-stitch neatly. Before I started this project, I thought it would be quite easy. It wasn't. Maybe it was my poor choice of base cloth and thread, or maybe I should have chosen a more simple shape to cross-stitch for my first attempt. Or, more likely, I'm just total rubbish at needlepoint...