Sunday 27 January 2013

Vintage floral fabric

When I saw this fabric stashed away in a cupboard at my mother's house it was instant love.  I'm so glad she agreed to let me have it.

The cotton fabric is from the 50's and despite the odd stain and hole, it is in amazing condition for its age.  It's so soft to touch and I love the floral print, even if my husband thinks it looks like an old curtain.


I didn't have a specific project in mind at the time but now I do and I can't wait to get started.  It might have to wait a little bit longer though, it is still school holidays here and I really need to concentrate on this one because if I make a mistake with pattern placement or sizing, there are no second chances.

2 comments:

  1. Very jealous of your find - I hope it is something for yourself you have planned!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.