Monday 10 December 2012

Rua tekau ma toru, rua tekau ma whā, rua tekau ma rima

Ka rawe!  Génial!  Yee-hah Grandma!  In anyone's language, it's feeling pretty darned good to make it to the final few blocks!  Here they are:

The final flower on block 23:

Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 45 minutes
Result: This is my favourite-est flower of them all.


The penultimate block:

Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 45 minutes
Result: Not my best work, hopefully with a bit of yank in a few different directions, it will hold its shape better.


At last!  The final block is upon us.  It was an easy one to finish with using just one stitch - the double treble crochet.

Degree of difficulty: Easy
Time taken: 35 minutes
Result: Granny square on steroids.

Thanks for hanging in there with me, those daily crochet posts must have felt like pulling teeth there for a bit (it certainly felt that way for me), but we are nearly out the other side.

You'll see that these squares have a bit of curling going on around the edges.  In my gallop to the finish line, I photographed these ones without blocking them first.  Blocking is a process to help the squares stay flat, usually by pinning them to a firm surface, spraying them with a fine mist of water and then allowing them to dry.  There are probably plenty of tutorials demonstrating this step already, but please leave a comment if you would like me to show you how I do this.

After I've blocked the ones above, I will stitch the squares together and show you what you have all been wanting to see - the finished blanket.

2 comments:

  1. Well done. there is no way I would have stayed on task to finish something like this. Looking forward to seeing it all together.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.