Monday 15 October 2012

Party preparation mode

My second daughter turns 5 in a couple of weeks.  5!!!  She makes me laugh with her antics but underneath it all she is a such a sensitive girl, very gentle and sweet.  At times, I just want to wrap my arms around her and keep her here with me always. But, she's growing up and I can't stop the process no matter how hard I try.

She has asked for - you guessed it - a fairy party.  So, I get to rehash some of the decorations and party ideas that I used for my youngest's birthday a few short weeks ago.  I love planning my girls' birthday parties.  There is so much available to buy food and decoration-wise, but I always try to do as much as I can myself to give it a more personalized feel.  I certainly don't do it to save money! Note to self: must work on that area.  I'm the person who turns up at Briscoes on the only day of the year that they haven't got a sale.

Here's a peek at the paper pinwheel decorations I am making at the moment.  I have learned not to leave making decorations till the last minute, they always take longer than you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.