Tuesday 23 October 2012

My first blanket

Hello, my name is Leanne and I am a crochetaholic.  Well, not really, although there is something quite addictive about the process and seeing my little white cross grow into a blanket has been very satisfying.  But, unlike fabric, where I have been known to break into a cold sweat at the thought of even cutting into some of my stash, I do not feel the same attachment to my finished crochet work.  I really enjoyed this project though and I have others on the go so there are no plans to retire my hook just yet.


This blanket is a combination of wool and acrylic and measures about 105cm square.  I am probably my own worst critic; I really like the unexpected colour combinations but the skewed square in the centre bugs me.  I suspect it is a tension issue.  Even so, it's very snuggly and at least one person in this house likes it.


Degree of difficulty: Lightyears easier than my last crochet project
Time taken: 15 days
Result: Bright and cheerful.

2 comments:

I love that you take the time to comment. Except for spam, not loving that. I no longer allow comments from anonymous users for that reason.